From family recipes to mouth-watering new flavor combos, we mean it when we say our sauces go anywhere and everywhere! Keep coming back for new recipes and super-easy suggestions on how to Bring Love to the Table™.
Let us share our kitchen with you! Have a favorite way you use our mojo?! Email me to be featured!
Mojo Roasted Onions, Peppers & Brussel Sprouts
Prep: 15 min Cook: 45 min Ready in: 1 hour
· 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
· 2 small onions
· 1 red bell pepper
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
· 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
· 3 tsp Sweet Babs Mama’s Mojo
· Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
2. Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Cut in half.
3. Large dice onion and red bell pepper.
4. Place trimmed vegetables, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Seal tightly, and shake to coat.
5. Pour onto a baking sheet, drizzle with Mama’s Mojo, and place on center oven rack.
Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning, and removing individually cooked leaves. Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning. Brussels sprouts should be darkest brown, almost black, when done. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt, if necessary. Serve immediately.
OP's Sweet & Spicy Mojo Mango Salsa
· 2 medium Mangos, peeled & diced
· 3 ears of corn*
· ½ medium red onion, diced finely
· 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped, and more to taste
· 4 tbsp. Sweet Babs Mama’s Mojo
· 2 tbsp. Sweet Babs Papa’s Mojo
· Fresh ground salt/pepper to taste
1. In a large glass or wooden bowl, place the chopped mango.
2. Using a sharp knife, remove fresh corn from the cob and place in mixing bowl with the mango.
3. After dicing the red onion, place it in with the mango and corn, adding the cilantro along with it.
4. Pour over the Mama’s and Papa’s Mojo. Mix together and season with salt/pepper/more mojo to taste.
5. Serve with plantain strips or multigrain scoops, over fish tacos, or fresh seafood. Enjoy!
Super easy, full of flavor, and most important – a family FAVORITE!
*Love the taste of fresh corn, but don’t have the time?
Super speedy shortcut: Use frozen corn kernels instead! Let the kernels thaw for 5-10 min, then mix in with the remaining ingredients. Not only with this save you time, it will keep the salsa chilled for hours!
Papi's people's pork
3 tablespoons Sweet Babs™ Mama's Mojo (or more to taste)
3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast, cut into fist-sized chunks
3 tablespoons canola oil
1-1 1/2 cups water
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Season: Pierce pork chunks with a fork or sharp knife in various places. In a large bowl, sprinkle lightly with salt, and rub with Sweet Babs™ Mama's Mojo. Rub the seasoning into the pork with your fingers so the meat is evenly coated on all sides. Cover and let sit for approximately 4 hours, or overnight.
- Sear: Warm the oil in the Dutch oven or pan over medium-high heat. Brush the garlic off of the pork into the bowl, then set bowl aside. Sear the pork on all sides, working in batches as necessary so as not to crowd the pan.
- Cook: Transfer the seared pork into a slow cooker set on high. Add water to the bowl with the remaining Mama's Mojo, and pour into the slow cooker with pork, adding salt and additional Mama's Mojo to taste. Cover and cook on high for approximately 3 hours. Pork will be fork tender, and fall apart. Reserve liquid for serving.
- Serve: Shred it, dip in reserved juices, and serve. Top with Sweet Babs™ Mama's Mojo or Papa's Mojo™, and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Enjoy!
A few serving suggestions:
- Serve traditionally with rice, beans, and roasted vegetables, or yucca topped with Mama's Mojo, for a balanced meal.
- Serve pulled-pork style on a bun, top with Mama's Mojo, our up-coming Mela's Mojo™ (cilantro) or your favorite barbecue sauce for a flavor combo that is out-of-this-world.
- Serve on Texas Toast, drizzle with Matty's Mojo™ (recipe below), and top with cabbage slaw.
1/2 cup Mama's Mojo
1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Mix both ingredients until blended well.
- Cover and refrigerate to combine flavors.
- Serve drizzled over your favorite protein, sandwich, salad, or use as a dipping sauce.